Sunday, September 19, 2010

Altered gift box

I am finally posting this!   It is very difficult for me to delay it any longer as I really want to show off this altered box I made for a special friend's birthday.    I shall not mention the name here, so hopefully she did not get to see this post until she receive the box in the mail.   This altered box was completed last monday, but I added a few other finishing touches over the past one  week.

I am also entering this for the Sir Stampalot September challenge - All distressed

Here are the photos of the box I made :-

The top of the box






















Materials used :-

1.    Tilda with tulips coloured with copic markers
2.    Box from Daiso 
3.    Pattern paper : Jubiliee paper (distressed with tea dye) - for the box 
       sassafras mix and mend and 7 gypsies paddington (distressed with sage and sprayed with tattered angels chalkboard mint chocolate chip - for the scrolls
4.    Flowers and butterflies embellishments : K & Company, distressed with sage to make them look less         pristine.
5.    Wooden flourishes : Kaiser (distressed with tea dye) 
6.    Pearls (Kaiser)
7.    Thickers : American crafts (sprayed with tattered angels chalkboard mint chocolate chip to)
8.    Sentiment stamp : stampin up
9.    EK success punch for the leaves punchouts
10.  Ribbon and lace : Hong Kong

Well, there is still the surprise in the box if my dear friend sees this box here.   Thanks for dropping by :-)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, what can I say!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful creation , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete