Friday, October 15, 2010

My art and a simple card

I am so happy that Astrid (my art teacher) featured my very first piece learned under her in her latest newsletter.   I am still beaming.   Here is the link to Astrid's newsletter  Astrid's November Abstractionsgo check out her website, her paintings are really awesome!   My painting is not completed yet, I still have to work to blend the colours.


Now for my latest card,  I am inspired by Becky, (she makes simply beautiful cards, simple but stunningly beautiful), so here I am trying to make a simple card, with little details but still ended up with quite a fair bit of embellishments.

So here is my simply not so simple card for the following challenges :-

1.  ODBD stamping in time : On assignment challenge (SNTOBD20) embossing
2.  Sweet stamping challenge 47 for Emma - diamonds are a girl's best friends





Materials used :-

1.   ODBD stamps from the scripture series 1, customer favourites, inked with versamark and embossed with hero art embossing powder

2.   Pattern paper : cosmo cricket pixie-Licious mini deck

3.   spellinbinders nestie 

4.   Basic grey rub-ons and rhinestones

5.   Prima SIIC swirls clear crystals 

6.   Organza flowers and ribbons : bought from Hk

Thanks for dropping by :-) 

6 comments:

  1. Dear Adeline,
    I feel proud of you, you are such a talented lady, no matter what you do, your simple cards is so elegant and pretty, love it !

    hugs,
    ying

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Adeline, love how you show cased this verse. Congratulations for being featured, may you just get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card! I love the scripture you chose and the paper, flowers, and gems are perfect compliments! Thanks so much for playing along with ODBD this week! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your art feature and gorgeous card !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your card is beautiful!! I love the paper, the roses and the senitment!! Thanks for joining us for the ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adeline, this is so soft and pretty! Beautiful detailing and the embossing is lovely! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete